Thursday, April 9, 2009

All out of funny/cool/intelligent titles for now

Another day, another workout. Coach said their would be days like this. I can hear you laughing and shaking your head. Today was supposed to be a 4 miler. Easy/recovery. It was anything but easy. Walked quite a bit after the first 1.5 miles. Could not keep the heart rate and breathing together. Legs were like lead. I know that my body just needs to adjust to the stress of training this hard. I will get there. I do need to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this. I am not a runner yet. I am still waiting for the breakthrough workout that makes me feel good. Can't wait to get the bike out. I feel like that will be my strong point.
If I can average 15 mph on the bike the ride will be over in 7.5 hours. Way too long. 16mph=7 hours. 17mph=6.5 hours. 18mph (I can hear you laughing again)= about 6 hours. The faster I can get through the bike, the slower I can go on the run. Here are my goals.
Swim 1 hour 40 minutes
T1 25 minutes
Bike 6 hours 30 minutes
T2 25 minutes
Run 7 hours
Total 16 hours
Sounds like a long time. It is. I will be done in less than 16 hours. The power of positive thinking.
On a less positive note. The schedule will be reworked to remove all AM activities after work. Way too hard to do after staying up from 2:00pm until 7:00am the next day. Don't believe me. Try it.

COMING SOON: The cartoon series.

No comments:

Post a Comment