Tuesday, April 14, 2009



Another week has started and started poorly. Last week ended well. A good enough run. I am not a runner. So , "Why," do you ask, "did you sign up for an event that has a 26 mile run at the end?" I have no idea. I know that I can do it, but I am falling behind. I need to get re motivated and get this weeks work done. Now to my weekend.


After having a good enough run on Friday, I decided to take Saturday off. Lots to do. Then have some fun Saturday night, and finish the weekend off with a long ride at the gym. (My bike should be out of the shop on Wednesday.) We decided to go down to the lake with some friends and stay on their boat. Everything was going great until around 10:00pm when my friend Troy says, "Hey, there's a great big ship floating by." Come to find out, the great big ship was indeed, great big. One of the houseboats moord there decided to take off at 9:30. Much to their chagrin, their engine flooded and stopped shortly after they left the dock. The wind was now carrying them towards the rocks and the bridge. It sounds corny, but we actually rushed into action and stopped the boat from hitting the rocks. Troy, his wife Cindy and I were on the opposite pier and threw ropes to the people on board and stopped it from floating into the rocks, and then towed it by hand down along the pier to secure it for the night.


Here is said boat:

I did in fact strain a muscle in my back. Not so painful Saturday night (beer works), but creeping in Sunday and Monday. I decided to take a few days off and try to get back into the swing of things. I road the bike for an hour today and then tried to run. Running kind of hurt. I'll try again tomorrow and get back into my schedule by next week. No sense pushing too hard and really injuring myself. The "no-work-out" depression sets in. Hopefully, there will be better news tomorrow. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment