Thursday, April 2, 2009

Here we go. This is my first attempt at anything like this. How Narcissistic is it that I would think that anyone cared about how I did training for a triathlon.
For those of you who don't know me very well, I have tried dozens of times in the past to "get in shape" and lose the weight that I earned through many long nights of partying. I have signed up for several races and DNS (did not show). I have tried to finish a ton of training plans. Nothing seemed to work. Last year, I talked a few of my co-workers into signing up for the Louisville Ironman race. I am the odds-on favorite to not show on race day. I will show and I will finish and I will NOT pick up cones. I figured this would be a good way to keep everyone updated on my progress and what is working and not working. It may inspire others and it may give someone a little shadefreud while they see the torture that I'm putting myself through. I plan to post my planned workouts for the week and then followup with how they went. I don't plan on posting diet info, but I might if someone thinks that may be helpful. I will also post any race results that I may have, both for myself and my friends that have signed up to do this with me. Tomorrow, I'll post my workouts from this past week and the week to follow. My email address is at the top, feel free to write and tell me how you think it's going.
Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite one....Come on Mikey! My money's on you!

    ReplyDelete