Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It must be that about this time, everyone starts to question their ability and sanity. Workouts have been sporadic at best. several hard days and then several off. This last week has gone well. Good swims last week and then a few days off. Lots of 500's on Wednesday and then 3750 straight on Friday. The "lifeguard" looked annoyed. 1 1/2 hours of swimming and noo break for him. Monday was a long ride. 50 miles. Tottally bonked by mile 40. good average until then and then limped home. I did finish. Fitness wasn't the problem. I was just ill-prepared. Only one water bottle and very ittle in the way of snacks. Saturday will be better. 
Only 11 weeks of training until the taper. I have to push it a little farther into the event because 've been behind. Can I do it? Will I be able to finish? Am I in or out? Hopefully I'll get through it. 
I actually got on the eliptical Saturday. Worked well enough and mimicked the run kay. An hour there. No foot pain. I may start throwing that in place of the runs. It should work those muscles. Today is a swim. Intervals. 30-40 mile bike tomorrow. 4000 straight in the pool on Friday. Saturday/rest or long ride (I have to work). Sunday/ long ride or rest  (see Saturday).

No comments:

Post a Comment